November 16, 2008

My husband is totally in the doghouse

Why you ask? Cause I know y'all are dying to find out the latest reason why I'm ticked off at the man. Well, it's simple really. HE WRECKED MY CAR!!!!!!!

He was driving to my mom's to finish up the installation of my anniversary present, a remote starter contraption, and drifted into the other lane and caught the back bumper of another vehicle. That vehicle isn't too messed up. My front quarterpanel and headlight are all smashed up. Luckily, noone was hurt, Bubba was in the car with him at the time, I had just pulled into the station in the truck, which I NEVER get to drive. He got a warning, because we couldn't seem to find the registration for the Caliber, and a ticket for unlawful lane usage. I have no clue what our deductible is, but needless to say it's going to drain the savings account to pay it. The ticket will cost us 150 bucks, but if we go to court they'll drop the fine a bit. I'll talk to Boss1 about it and see if it's worth his involvement, I'm not sure the Trooper would drop it to a 0-point violation, he even said as much, that they'd just drop the fine if he went to court. However, the court date is when we'll be in Pittsburgh.....I'm willing to just eat the fine most likely, don't wanna make too many waves, considering the Trooper could have done worse. The downside of working at the firm and doing traffic tickets is knowing all the what-if's.

I missed about an hour of work, cause I left once someone came to cover the race. But I'm back now, and W has the unenviable task of calling the insurance company, plus he'll have to go and get me a new registration card. Now that I think about it, I'd rather the Trooper would have written the registration violation, so we could have tried to make a deal to dismiss the other one and pay the fine on the other. But whatever, it could have been much worse.

Must go voicetrack and then watch the last race of the season. And the last race for the radio station. Blah.

No comments: