June 07, 2008

Hello from radioland

Hangin' at the station again this afternoon/evening. Started at three, had a break, back on the clock at seven for the race and a remote. Currently watching firefighters battle a blaze a hop, skip and a jump away from the station. Some industrial buildings across the way were ablaze....I think they are about under control now, but I can't stay outside watching.

It's freakin' hot as Hades around here lately. We tried to get the grass cut and the weed whacking done, but only got the back done. It just got plain too hot, so we took a lunch break, and then went swimming. My face is sunburnt, but I had sunscreen on the rest. Bubba has developed freckles on his face, even through 50 SPF....I LOVE them. I'll have to try to get a picture, but I doubt he'll cooperate, he isn't as fond of them as we are. He keeps asking how to get rid of them, poor thing. He'll most likely get more and more, since I'm absolutely covered in them, and W has his fair share as well.

Only plans for tomorrow, aside from trying to finish the yardwork early is to go to my parents. Haven't been down there in a while....we may make a beach trip, but they've warned that parking is atrocious. It's a small beach area we go to down there, and parking is sparse....it used to be a locals only location that the tourists didn't know about, but that's not the case anymore. I'll let you know. I'd like to go, and get pictures of Bubba in the waves, he has so much fun. Would be worried about dropping my camera in the sand or something though, I can be a bit of a klutz.

Ok, I'll sign off now. Not much else going on. Just working hard at the office, trying to play hard with Bubba and W in the evenings. Have a great weekend y'all.

1 comment:

Yankee Girl ~ Missy said...

I bet the little ones freckles are cute. My kids are starting to get some too. No beating that one!