May 12, 2007

Ode to Emerson Drive: I should be sleeping!

I knew this was going to happen but hoped that it wouldn't. The race is tomorrow (well, today since it's after midnight), W is crashed out, snoring in lala land thanks to his new sleeping pills, and I can't sleep.

Played hooky from the office today, erm yesterday, damn it, and it was glorious. Got the grocery shopping done early, and was so much nicer than fighting the crowds on the weekends. Spent the rest of the day, just hanging with W and Bubba. Co-napped with Bubba, then we all went swimming in the new big pool, even tho the water was still colder than I like it.

Not much else has been going on, really. W sold his boat and no surprise, the money is gone already. Mostly to good use. A bunch in our Christmas Club, Bubba's savings and our savings, then the groceries today and some other food contribution to come later. If y'all are interested, I'll fill ya in on the Angel Food program, just lemme know if you want the details. Of course, he blew a bunch on manly stuff, but it was his boat, so I can't complain about it.

Major drama going on with W's brother, M, who may or may not actually need all the baby gear he came and got a few weeks ago. Can't publish all details here, but it's just insane.

Congratulations to Andrew, link in the sidebar over there, I don't have my instructions with me on how to do an imbedded link. He and his wife welcomed their first daughter earlier this week. She's a beauty. Also, Andrea (again, see sidebar) and her husband welcomed their second child, another boy a few weeks ago. He's also a beauty. Welcome to the world little ones. And not to leave my other internet buddies out, Jen in Atlanta, best of luck on the last round of paperwork, I hope it gets done soon, and Jen in Montana, your pictures are making me smile often, so I hope you'll keep posting them. And Dooney, soon enough I'll be posting a welcome to YOUR new little one!

I'm obviously very excited about the race. I'll be leaving home around eleven to head to my parents and we're planning on leaving around noon. Takes about two hours to get to the track, and traffic will determine how long to actually GET into the track. We'll have plenty of time to cruise the merchandise haulers and what not. I'm gonna get Bubba some new stickers for his awesome racecar bed, something for W and something for myself. My biggest concern is the weather. All week they have said more than 50 percent chance of evening thunderstorms, and of course it is a night race. I am hoping it doesn't rain hard enough to postpone to Sunday because I don't wanna spend another entire day away from W and Bubba. This is my big treat, though, Mother's Day gift from my parents. I know I deserve it and I'm making myself NOT feel guilty about it, but the lingering thoughts are still there. I am going to thoroughly enjoy myself, I know that. But I'll miss my men. Hopefully in a few years we'll be able to take Bubba to a race, and he'll grow to love racing as much as me.

Umm. I've been slacking on my exercise this week, but a bit better with the food. Somehow the scale was down a few more pounds this morning, for a total of five in the last few weeks. Since I know I'm going to be horrible food wise tomorrow, I am not expecting those numbers to stay the same. I will get a lot of exercise by way of walking from the parking lot to the track, around the haulers and so on. Whether that will balance out, I don't know. Theoretically, there's only five pounds to go to get back to where I was last summer. However, I'd like to lose ten more on top of that, but I don't think my body will cooperate without starving.

Happy Mother's day to everyone, whether your babies are two legged or furry and four legged. Keep my fat boy, Jack, in your thoughts, because I'm not too sure he's feeling well. Every time I'm in the kitchen he yowls his head off until I pick him up and put him on the counter in front of the food so he can eat. He's so fat he's having more and more trouble jumping up there. Not sure of the last time he made it himself. Plus he hid out one day under the bed in the spare room, and didn't come to bed with us to sleep on my head. Freaked me out. He's 11. Tigger died when she was 10, so I'm a little gun shy at this point. I don't think Bubba would handle it well if something happened. And I know *I* wouldn't.

All right, gonna give bed another shot. Don't wanna wake up Papa Bear, even tho his snoring just got a lot louder. No wonder I'm having trouble getting to sleep. I hate to wake him though to yell about the snoring, because he rarely gets a full night sleep, even with the pills. So I will suffer.

I'll update on Monday if I'm not too crazy at work, from being off on Friday. Mondays always suck, anyway. Plus bike week started so we'll be fielding lots of calls from bikers arrested for various things. Fun fun.


J. Cullinane said...

Fielding lots of calls from bikers arrested? Tell us more about that!

Laz said...

Thanks for the congrats and the Mother's Day wishes :) I was thinking of you, too!